12/31/20 Best Technique Winner at Classic Design Challenge!
Hi everybody! I hope you’re having an awesome week! I’m posting on the Prickley Pear Stamps blog today with an adorable set of Christmas tags that are intended to be turned into ornaments after the presents have been opened! How fun is that?! Each one is a little gift in itself and I love it when something functional turns into a keepsake! I was gifted the amazing Christmas Holiday Gift Tags clear stamp set which I paired with the awesome Circle Peek A Boo Die that I had my stash to create this project. What a great combination!
There are five images in the set and I stamped them all in black ink on white cardstock, colored them with alcohol markers and cut them with a stitched octagon die. I cut five additional slightly larger octagonals from silver foil cardstock and then adhered them behind the die cut images. I used the peek a boo die to cut five different colors of cardstock, and then cut five stitched circles from white cardstock that were just a bit larger than the peek a boo die cuts, and adhered them behind the peek a boo die cuts. I stamped ‘To’ and ‘From’ along with a sentiment in coordinating red or green ink on the back of the stitched circle die cuts. I adhered the layered octagonals to the circles and added iridescent gemstones, then punched a hole at the top of each one and added a coordinating color of crafter’s cord. Here are close-ups:
And one more peek at the set… so much fun – and I definitely see more of these in my future!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: December Challenge – Anything Goes w/ optional Anything Vintage (playing twist)
2. A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge: #129 – Anything Goes
3. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #12-2020
4. ABC Christmas Challenge: Y is for Your Favorite Things and Z is for Zzzzzzz (favorite things cardstock and dies)
5. Classic Design Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
6. Crafty Calendar Challenge: December Challenge – Christmas Theme
7. Crafty Gals Corner: #214 – Tis the Season
8. Creative Inspirations: December Challenge – Ho! Ho! Ho!
9. Creative Moments: #204 – Anything Goes
10. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: December Anything Goes
11. Let’s Craft and Create: #166 – Anything Goes w/ optional Santa Claus is Coming to Town
12. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #147 – Anything Goes
13. Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge: #486 – Year-End Mega Challenge
14. Scrapping4fun Challenges: #181 – Christmas
15. Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog: #51 – Anything Goes
16. Try it on Tuesday: Christmas Sparkle
17. Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog: Anything Goes End of Year Challenge
18. Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #468/469 – Anything Goes
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock; Hygloss Silver Foil cardstock, CutCardStock Bonsai Green, Red Wagon and Granny Smith cardstock; Darice green and burgundy cardstock
Stamps: Prickley Pear Stamps Christmas Holiday Gift Tags clear stamp set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy ink; Nuvo alcohol markers- 487, 489, 491, 412, 417, 403, 405, 374, 443; Spectrum Noir alcohol markers- DR1, DR6, DR7
Dies/Punches: Prickley Pear Stamps Circle Peek A Boo Die, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers die, Memory Box Stitched Octagons dies, Stampin’ Up 1/4″ Circle punch
Accessories: ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, Darice iridescent gemstones, Hemptique burgundy, green and red hemp crafter’s cord
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to check out all the awesome stamps and dies at Prickley Pear Stamps! If you’d like to save 10% on anything on the site when you shop at Prickley Pear Stamps, use the coupon code LESLIE10 at checkout! And be sure to ‘like’ and ‘follow’ the Prickley Pear Stamps Facebook page to keep up with news and sales, and join Prickley Pear Pals (the fan group) for lots of fun crafty ideas and to share your creativity! And finally, we’d love to see you visit the Prickley Pear Stamps blog that’s in the process of being revived and become a Follower! Hope to see you there! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time! ;)