2/8/21 Rising Star at A Place To Start!
Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Hubby had a doctor appointment this morning and then we ran a few errands, so we are just now getting home. I have a fun CAS card to share that I made yesterday for The Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes Challenge. ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’ is the rhyme for the new challenge that started yesterday so let me introduce to you my star struck chicken! This image is from Sherry West Art who is our sponsor this time! I did LOL (literally) a few times while making this card! I don’t even know the name of this image – it was a freebie in Sherry’s Facebook Group – but isn’t it a hoot?!
I created a standard A2 size side-folding card base. I printed the image on white cardstock and colored it with alcohol markers, trimmed it and layered it on yellow cardstock and then black. I stamped the sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Hey Ostrich stamp set in black ink and added some stars to fit the theme for the challenge. I lucked out having this awesome stamp set in my stash with sentiments that go so well with this chicken image!
I embellished the inside panel with strips of black and yellow cardstock, stamped the sentiment and layered the panel on yellow cardstock.
And one more look… how hilarious! Love how this turned out!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: January 2021 Anything Goes
2. 613 Avenue Create: #1 – January 2021 Anything Goes
3. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #1-2021 – Anything Goes
4. A Place To Start: #1 – January 2021 Anything Goes
5. Classic Design Challenge: #1 – January Anything Goes
6. Crafty Calendar Challenge: January Challenge – Make It Cute
7. Creative Inspirations: January & February Challenge – Animal Antics
8. Happy Little Stampers: January CAS Challenge – Short and/or Tall
9. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenges: January 2021 Anything Goes
10. Let’s Craft and Create: #167 – Anything Goes w/ optional Cheers To You
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, Papertrey Ink Bright Buttercup cardstock, American Crafts Black cardstock
Stamps: Sherry West Art chicken digital image, Whimsy Stamps Hey Ostrich stamp set
Ink: Nuvo alcohol markers- 405, 475, 379, 430; Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Dies/Punches: Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Star punch
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and will come join us in The Outlawz Challenges! Lots of fun going on! Thanks so much for stopping by – we’ll see you next time!