12/31/21 DT Favorite at A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge!
Hi everyone! A super fun Happy Hump Day to you – you’ve made it half-way through the week! Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. I really appreciate your support! It’s time for another fun challenge over at Mix It Up Challenge Blog and I’m excited to share my DT inspiration project for MIUCB #56 – Anything Goes + Black & White Plus One Color! All of our challenges are ‘anything goes’ and we offer a technique twist each month to inspire you. Just remember that the twist is not mandatory to play! I used black and white plus red for a Christmas card this time. Loving the black and red paper that looks like flannel paired with the oh-so-popular deer from the CUTplorations Two Reindeer Dies! ;)
This is a super simple design that could easily be mass produced. I cut a top folding 5-1/2″ square card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White cardstock and layered the black and red flannel paper on a CutCardStock Pop-Tone Black Licorice cardstock panel which I adhered to the card base. I die cut a reindeer from red foil cardstock and a second one from CutCardStock Pop-Tone Black Licorice cardstock which I layered slightly offset beneath the red one for a slight shadow effect. I cut a layered corner element and added several black enamel dots. I heat embossed the sentiment in Hero Arts Red Embossing Powder, flagged one end and adhered it to the lower right corner of the card front.
I cut the inside panel from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White cardstock and embellished it with a strip of the black and red flannel paper and a narrow strip of black cardstock, stamped the sentiment in black ink and layered the panel on CutCardStock Pop-Tone Black Licorice cardstock.
And one more look… totally loving how this turned out!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. A Bit More Time To Craft: November/December Anything Goes
2. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
3. Addicted To Stamps & More: #419 – Any Occasion
4. Classic Design Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
5. Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: #94 – December Anything Goes
6. Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog: December Challenge – Christmas Time
7. Critter Crazy Challenges: #57 – Anything Goes with a Featured Critter
8. Inkspirational Challenges: #252 – Plaid
9. Make The Cards Challenge: #43 – Christmas
10. QKR Stampede: #433 – Anything Goes
11. Scrapping4fun Challenges: #206 – Winter/Christmas
12. Simon Says Stamp: Wednesday Challenge – Happy Holidays/Christmas
13. The Crafting Challenge: December Challenge – Add A Christmas Sentiment
14. Your Scrapbook Place: December Anything Goes
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, CutCardStock Pop-Tone Black Licorice cardstock, American Crafts Christmas 6×6 paper pad
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Holly stamp set
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Dies/Punches: CUTplorations Two Reindeer Dies, EK Success 3/4″ square punch
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, Hero Arts Red embossing powder, Milwaukee heat tool, Eyelet Outlet Black Enamel Dots
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’ll link up a ‘black and white plus one color’ project with us this month! We can’t wait to see what you create! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you again soon! ;)
You must be logged in to post a comment.