** 1/19/18 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **
Hello, my crafty friends! I’m so stoked to share my first project for the Blank Page Muse Inspiration Team! Our January challenge going live tomorrow is Color Play: Use Turquoise, Silver and Sparkle. I had THE best time creating this art journal spread in one of my favorite color combos of blue/turquoise and silver, and of course, the added sparkle made it even more fun! But I have a confession to make… I have no photos of this project while it was in progress and am absolutely sick. I’m the proud owner of a ‘bad’ disk which doesn’t make me very happy. So I’m going to take you through detailed steps and I know you won’t have any problems whatsoever following along! ;)
1. Starting with two blank pages in your art journal, cover both sides with white gesso and let dry.
2. Using your finger, smear a tiny bit of distress glaze in a vertical fashion on both sides, let dry a bit and then buff with a clean dry tissue.
3. Using a brayer, apply acrylic paint in a vertical fashion over both sides, let dry and lightly buff (with a baby wipe – I used one for each side) over the areas where you put the distress glaze. This will resist the paint somewhat and give you a very cool ‘streaky’ effect – and leave paint residue on the baby wipe that you can use to smear upward and downward out to the edges to cover the pages.
4. Brayer some white gesso on a craft mat and use it as ‘ink’ to randomly stamp the chain link and the crackle on both sides. Let dry.
5. Splatter turquoise ink with a fan brush over both sides and let dry.
6. Dribble silver embellisher in a vertical fashion down both sides and spritz with just enough water to make it thin enough to run. Let dry.
7. Randomly stamp some text in black permanent/solvent ink on both sides and let dry.
Your background is finished and now start embellishing the pages! ;)
1. Stamp the mannequin form and sentiments in black ink on white cardstock. Fussy cut mannequin, and cut the sentiments in strips and line the edges with a black marker.
2. Stamp the wings in black ink using a stamp positioner, then again in watermark ink over top the black, and apply sparkly embossing powder. Fussy cut the wings.
3. Adhere the mannequin form to the page with 3-D foam tape and add flat-back pearl embellishment. Tuck the wings on each side of the mannequin form and adhere, and tuck a ruffled cheesecloth skirt under the bottom of the mannequin form.
4. Adhere sentiment with matte medium gel.
4. Moving to the opposite page, adhere crocheted lace scrap and a cluster of flowers.
5. Dab white gesso around the edges of the flowers and let dry.
6. Brush some matte medium gel to the centers and edges of the flowers and apply clear glitter. Let dry.
7. Adhere sentiment strips with matte medium gel.
8. Splatter black gesso mixed with a tiny bit of water onto both sides with a fan brush (shielding whatever elements you don’t want to splatter) and let dry.
9. TA-DA! Love the finished spread! ;)
Proud to enter this art journal spread into the following challenges:
Classic Design Team Open Challenge Blog: #21 – Anything Goes
Country View Challenges: January Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: #156 – Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog: #34 – Anything Mixed Media Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: #103 – January Blues
Creative Inspirations: January Challenge – Something New (all stamp sets and Prima flowers)
Daisy Chain Challenges: #15 – Something New (all stamp sets and Prima flowers)
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog: #172 – Something New (all stamp sets and Prima flowers)
Dragonfly Dreams: Anything Goes
Emerald City Crafts Challenges: #7 – Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room: #334 – Your Favorite Colors (blue/turquoise and silver is one of my fav combos)
Inspiration Destination: #141 – Anything Goes
Let’s Craft and Create: #133 – Anything Goes + optional Love Is In theAir (no twist)
More Mixed Media Challenge: Anything Goes with optional Blue
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies: #1801 – Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles: #24 – Anything Goes
Penny Black: January – Something New (all stamp sets and Prima flowers)
Scrapping4fun: #106 – Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge – Winter Blues
Stamping Sensations: January – Cold and Frosty Colors
The Crafty Addicts: #44 – Anything Goes with optional Winter Blues
Try It On Tuesday: My Favorite Things (I’ve been bitten by the art journal bug!)
Unicorn Challenge Blog: #28 – Anything Goes
Use Your Stuff: #294 – Something New (all stamp sets and Prima flowers)
Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #316/317 – Anything Goes
Blank Page Muse (formerly Sin City Stamps) products used:
Barbed Wire Chain Link Rope Background Texture Stamps
Mannequin Dress Form Fan & Bow Tags Stamp Set
Sin City Wings Stamp Set
Words by Jane Man & Woman Figures Sentiments Stamp Set
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and marker, Black StazOn ink
Accessories: Liquitex White Gesso, Ranger Distress Glaze, Rubber Brayer, Liquitex Cobalt Blue, Phthalocyanine Green and Silver acrylic paint, Judi-Kins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder, Silver irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, Prima flowers, Wild Orchid Crafts Crocheted Lace scrap and Flat-Back White Pearl String, Liquitex Matte Medium Gel, Stampin’ Up Dazzling Diamonds glitter
I hope you’ve enjoyed my debut Blank Page Muse project, even without any tutorial photos! Going forward, I’ll certainly be checking photos as I go and not wait until I’m finished! Be sure to check out all the fun goodies in the Blank Page Muse store! I know you’re going to fall in love! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you soon! ;)
You must be logged in to post a comment.