11/25/20 Winner at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog!
11/30/20 Top Rocker at 613 Avenue Create!
12/5/20 Top 3 at Let’s Craft and Create!
Hi everyone! Happy Fri-YAY! Well, when you’re retired, every day is like a Friday, lol! I’m stoked to be back on the CutCardStock blog today with an awesome DT inspiration project featuring Bonsai Green and Habanero Red cardstock that was included in our Designer’s Pack – which happens to be on sale this month so be sure to get some! Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. I really appreciate your support! I created a pretty Christmas card in traditional red, green and white with a pop of silvery white!
I cut a standard A2 size side-folding card base and two panels from Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I also cut layering panels from Habanero Red cardstock, Curious Metallic White-Silver cardstock and Bonsai Green cardstock. I stamped the front image and sentiment in brown ink on one of the white panels and colored the pine boughs with Nuvo alcohol markers. I stamped the cardinal in red ink and cut it with the coordinating die along with two more die cuts which I layered for a little dimension. I added a strip of red glitter washi tape down the right side and adhered all the panels together and then to the card front. The finishing touch was the addition some snowflake bling.
I embellished the inside panel with red glitter washi tape and silver white and green cardstock strips, stamped the sentiment in brown ink, and layered the panel on green cardstock.
And one more peek… so loving how this turned out! Traditional Christmas colors are the best!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: #44 – Anything Goes
2. 613 Avenue Create: November Challenge – Anything Goes w/ optional Cute Critters
3. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #11-2020 – Anything Goes
4. ABC Christmas Challenge: W is for Winter Wonderland and X is for Xtra Special (Xtra Special)
5. Classic Design Challenge: #11 – Anything Goes
6. Crafty Catz: #526 – Anything Goes w/ optional Party Time (no twist)
7. Creative Inspirations: November Challenge – Winter Wonderland
8. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenges: November Anything Goes
9. Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog: #132 – Anything Goes
10. Let’s Craft and Create: #165 – Anything Goes w/ optional Use A Sketch (no twist)
11. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #145 – Anything Goes
12. We Love Chocolate Baroque: November Challenge – Christmas
13. Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog: Festive Things With Wings
14. Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #464/465 – Anything Goes
Other products used:
Stamps: Prickley Pear Stamps Cardinal 2 clear stamp set, CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Snowy Sayings stamp set
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink; Nuvo alcohol markers- 420, 466; Stampin’ Up Real Red ink
Dies/Punches: Prickley Pear Stamps Cardinal die
Accessories: Bearly Art precision craft glue, Scotch ATG, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, Peachy Cheap Red Glitter Washi Tape, Eyelet Outlet Snowflake Bling
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’re inspired to get crafty! Be sure to check out all the awesome cardstock and other goodies at CutCardStock (adhesives, labels, stickers, pens, watercolors and ribbon to name a few). And head on over to the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!