7/26/20 Rising Star at A Place To Start!
Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend and you’re staying safe and well! I’m playing in The Outlawz Challenges and have popped in to share a pretty hybrid mother’s day card I was commissioned to make that I’m entering into the Twisted Thursdays Challenge. It’s an Anything Goes challenge with an optional twist of polka dots, with no sponsor, so come on over and play with us!
I printed the digital image from Jan’s Digi Stamps on linen cardstock and cut it with a stitched mini scallop die. To tie in the yellow rose and Lily of the Valley stalks, I went with a yellow background panel that I cut with a larger stitched rectangle die. I added yellow polka dot patterned paper at the bottom which works perfectly with the Twisted Thursday Challenge this time! I stamped the mother’s day sentiment in black ink beneath the image to complete the front.
I printed a small flower from the digital stamp set on white cardstock and trimmed the panel with the image in the lower right corner. I stamped the inside sentiment in black ink and adhered the panel to a yellow stitched rectangle.
And one more peek… so loving how this turned out!
Sharing in these additional challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: #235 – Anything Goes w/ optional Sentiment as Focal (no twist)
2. A Place To Start: July Challenge – Flowers
3. Crafty Catz Challenge: #515 – Anything Goes w/ optional Fairies (no twist)
4. Creative Inspirations: July Challenge – In the Garden
5. Creative Moments: #194 – Anything Goes
6. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge Blog: July Anything Goes
7. Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog: #124 – Anything Goes
8. Tuesday Throwdown: #461 – Polka Dots
9. Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #448/449 – Anything Goes
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, GKD Wild Dandelion cardstock, Marco’s White Antique Linen cardstock, Colorbok Seeing Dots cardstock
Stamps: Jan’s Digi Stamps Lily of the Valley digital stamp set, The Project Bin Defined stamp set, Dare 2B Artzy Flowers for Mom stamp set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Dies/Punches: My Favorite things Die-namics Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX die, Just-Rite Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles die set
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and will come join us in The Outlawz Challenges! Lots of fun going on! Thanks so much for stopping by – we’ll see you next time!