12/29/21 Rising Star at A Place To Start!
12/31/21 Top Pick at Cut It Up!
1/1/22 Top Pick at Crafting Happiness Challenges!
1/7/22 Top 3 at International Art & Soul!
Hi friends! It’s Christmas Eve and I hope you’ve had an awesome week and you’re ready for jolly St. Nick to arrive! I’m still shaking my head at how fast this year has flown by! Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you – I really appreciate your support! I won a challenge over at Creative Creases Challenge a couple weeks ago and the lovely Debbie invited me to guest design, so I’ve created a pretty fun fold Christmas wallet as my GD project for Creative Creases Challenge #22 that launched this morning. This is my own design and it’s super easy to create, and the sky is the limit as far as theme and decoration! I chose Christmas because I had Concord & 9th stamps and dies I’ve been wanting to use since I bought them a couple months ago… you know how that goes, lol! ;)
I cut the wallet base from CutCardStock Basis Dark Red cardstock using my template HERE and rounded the bottom corners. Using the Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays Stacks dies, I cut all the tiny houses, trees and elements for the front from CutCardStock Basis Red, Basis Dark Red, Basis Gold, Basis Green, Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green, Pop-Tone Jellybean Green cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Ivory cardstock, Hygloss Gold Metallic Foil cardstock and Christmas Print 6×6 Cardstock Pad, and then assembled the houses. I adhered a ground layer, the houses, trees and lamp posts to the front of the wallet, and added a stamped sentiment from the Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays stamp set which I cut with a banner die from the same die set. The finishing touch was adding iridescent gemstones in the sky.
I cut layering panels from Stampin’ Up This Christmas Specialty DSP along with narrow embellishing strips from CutCardStock Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green cardstock and adhered them to the inside of the wallet. I cut a 6-1/8″ x 2-5/8″ card (which I left blank to hand-write a sentiment) that I tucked into one of the pockets. The $100 bill in the other pocket is Ed’s which I snagged for the photo, lol!
And one more look… this is such a fun project that I really enjoyed making! If you use my template to create a wallet, I sure would love to see it!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge: December/January Anything Goes
2. A Bit More Time To Craft Extra Challenge: December Anything Goes
3. A Place To Start: #12 – Anything Goes w/ optional Blue Christmas (no twist)
4. Classic Design Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #118 – Anything Goes
6. Crafty Calendar Challenge: December challenge – Christmas
7. Crafty Gals Corner: #226 – Merry & Bright
8. Creative Inspirations: December challenge – Christmas Time
9. Creative Moments: #229 – Anything Goes
10. Cut It Up: #241 – Holiday Gift Giving
11. Dragonfly Dreams: December challenge – Anything Goes
12. International Art & Soul: #123 – Use Dies or Punches
13. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: December Anything Goes
14. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #172: Anything Goes
15. River of Creativity: #8 – Celebrate (Christmas)
16. Sweet Stampers Challenge: #63 – Anything Goes
17. Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog: End of Year Anything Christmas Goes Challenge
Cardstock/Paper: CutCardStock Basis Dark Red, Basis Red, Basis Gold, Basis Green, Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green and Pop-Tone Jellybean Green cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Ivory cardstock, Stampin’ Up This Christmas Specialty DSP, Hygloss Gold Metallic Foil cardstock, Christmas Print 6×6 Cardstock Pad
Stamps: Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays stamp set
Ink: Catherine Pooler Eucalyptus ink
Dies/Punches: Kadomaru Pro corner rounder, Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays Stacks dies
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Big Shot, MISTI stamp tool, ScraPerfect iridescent gemstones
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my Christmas wallet and you’ll link up a fun fold with Debbie this fortnight over at Creative Creases Challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time! ;)