Hi everyone! A very Happy Friday to you! I’m stoked to be back on the CutCardStock blog today with an awesome DT inspiration project featuringCurious Metallic and Glitter cardstock that was included in our Designer’s Pack! Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. I really appreciate your support! I created a Christmas card in gold tones with a pop of traditional red and green. It’s never too early to work on those Christmas cards!
I created the poinsettia embellishment first from CCS Gold Glitter cardstock, using Pop-Tone Wild Cherry cardstock for the center and Basis Green cardstock for the leaves, and set it aside. I cut a standard A2 size top-fold card base from Classic Crest Baronial Ivory cardstock and layered a panel of Curious Metallic Gold Leaf cardstock onto the card base. I adhered a strip of the gold glitter cardstock horizontally across the front panel and then layered a narrow strip of the gold leaf metallic cardstock onto the glitter strip. I adhered the poinsettia embellishment on the left side and then stamped the sentiment in red ink on the bottom right. I embellished the center of the poinsettia with Crystal Drops and then added a few more dots to the background for a little interest.
I embellished the inside panel with strips of the gold glitter and gold leaf metallic cardstock, stamped the sentiment in red ink, and layered the panel on the gold leaf metallic cardstock.
One more peek… I’m so smitten with this design! Absolutely loving the elegant look of the gold glitter cardstock on the gold leaf metallic cardstock!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. A Perfect Time To Craft: #7-2020 – Anything Goes
2. ABC Christmas Challenge: N is for No Fuss, O is for Over the Top (No Fuss)
3. Alphabet Challenge Blog: G is for Glitter and Gems
4. CAS Christmas Card Challenge: July 2020 Challenge
5. Christmas 24 Holiday Card Challenge: #013 – Christmas Foliage
6. Classic Design Challenge: #7-2020 – Anything Goes
7. Crafty Catz: #513 – Anything Goes w/ optional Time to Relax (no twist)
8. Perfectly CAS: #10 – Sparkle
9. Through the Purple Haze Challenges: #169 – Planes, Trains, Automobiles or Anything Goes (Anything Goes)
10. Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #446/447 – Anything Goes
Other products used:
Stamps: The Project Bin Merriest Christmas stamp set
Ink: Stampin’ Up Real Red ink
Dies/Punches: Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia die set
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, Nuvo Red Berry Crystal Drops
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’re inspired to get crafty! Be sure to check out all the awesome cardstock and other goodies at CutCardStock (adhesives, labels, stickers, pens, watercolors and ribbon to name a few). And head on over to the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!