Hi everyone! I hope you’re doing something fun this weekend but staying safe and doing the mask and social distancing thing! Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. I really appreciate your support! I haven’t had a whole lot of spare time lately and have been wanting to play in The Outlawz Challenges this month. I found a few extra minutes today to create a pretty kraft and gold Christmas card to enter into the Festive Fridays Challenge! Our sponsor this month is Fred She Said and the themes to choose from are Christmas, Flowers, Pets, Birthday or Anything Goes. I’m still in full-on Christmas mode so I chose the Christmas theme!
I created a standard A2 size side-folding card base. I chose a kraft and gold paper pad and pulled out snowflake and plaid papers to create the background. I cut one reindeer from CUTplorations Two Reindeer Dies from a sheet of solid gold paper in the same paper pad and then cut another one from kraft to layer beneath the gold one for a little definition and slight dimension. I stamped the sentiment in brown ink, trimmed it and double-flagged one end. The finishing touch was the addition of a few pink gold-rim flat-back pearls.
I embellished the inside panel with strips of plaid and solid gold papers, stamped the sentiment in brown ink and layered the panel on gold paper.
And one more look… such a pretty but simple design!
Sharing in these additional challenges:
1. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: #45 – Anything Goes
2. 613 Avenue Create: December Challenge – Anything Goes w/ optional Anything Vintage
3. A Perfect Time To Craft: #12-2020 – Anything Goes
4. ABC Christmas Challenge: Y is for Your Favorite Things and Z is for Zzzzzzz (more favorite things are awesome dies and pretty papers)
5. Alphabet Challenge Blog: S is for Snow Scene
6. Classic Design Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
7. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #581 – Christmas – Last Stretch
8. Crafty Catz: #532 – Anything Goes w/ optional Something New (no twist)
9. Crafty Gals Corner: #214 – ‘Tis the Season
10. Creative Inspirations: Ho! Ho! Ho!
11. Di’s Digi Challenge: It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
12. Inspirational: #228 – Snow
13. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: December Anything Goes
14. Not Just Cards Challenges: December Anything Goes
15. Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge: #486 – Year End Mega Challenge
16. QKR Stampede: #410 – Anything Goes
17. Scrapping4fun Challenges: #182 – Christmas or Winter
18. The Creative Crafters: #35 – Anything Goes
19. Try it on Tuesday: Christmas Sparkle
20. Tuesday Throwdown: #472 – Anything Goes
21. World Wide Open Design Team Monthly Challenge: #12-2020 – Anything Goes
Cardstock/Paper: American Crafts Kraft and Gold 6×6 paper pad, CutCardStock Twine cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Fawn and Christmas Messages stamp sets
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink
Dies/Punches: CUTplorations Two Reindeer Dies, EK Success 3/4″ square punch (to flag sentiment)
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, ScraPerfect pink gold rim flat-back pearls
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and will come join us in The Outlawz Challenges! Lots of fun going on! Thanks so much for stopping by – we’ll see you next time!