4/10/22 Rising Star at A Place To Start!
4/17/22 Top 5 at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog!
5/2/22 Top Sprout at A Place To Start!
5/21/22 Shoutout at River of Creativity!
Hey, everybody! I hope your weather is getting fabulous like ours and you aren’t planning to work too hard this coming week! I’m thrilled to be back on the Clear Scraps blog today with another awesome DT inspiration project! We have some new themed Word n Shape products in the store that coordinate with the Frameables bases and frames, and I’m thrilled to have been able to create with one of these new ones! This project features our Base with Square Frame and Word n Shape Vacation-Palm Tree. Who doesn’t love a vacation on the beach?!
I started by covering the small oval base piece with aqua cardstock and the large oval base piece with teal cardstock, and then adhered them together. I colored the palm tree and the Vacation word with alcohol markers. I left the frame untouched because I thought the raw wood color coordinated nicely with the beach scene. I printed the digital beach scene image on white cardstock, fussy cut the umbrella and trimmed the portion with the chairs which I sandwiched between the frame pieces. I adhered the umbrella on three layers of heavyweight cardstock and adhered it to the frame lining up the pole. I die cut letters from the aqua and teal cardstock and offset the teal ones beneath the aqua ones prior to adhering them to the top of the image. The finishing touches were adding the seashell brads (prongs removed) on the bottom right corner of the frame with collage medium and pearl bling strips around the larger oval portion of the base.
Here are a couple more angled shots. I really love how this turned out! The darker colors really pop on the lighter colors for some great contrast!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: #202204 – Anything Goes w/ optional twist of April Showers (no twist)
2. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge Blog: #4-April 2022
3. A Place To Start: #042022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Key It Simple (no twist)
4. Classic Design Challenge: April #4
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #122 – Anything Goes Always
6. Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: #98 – April Anything Goes
7. Crafty Catz: #589 – Anything Goes w/ optional Lots of Layers
8. Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges: April Anything Goes
9. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #179 – Anything Goes
10. QKR Stampede: #441 – Anything Goes
11. River of Creativity: #12 – Anything Goes w/ optional Spring (no twist)
12. Your Scrapbook Place: April Anything Goes
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: CutCardStock Basis Teal, Basis Aqua and Basis White cardstock
Stamps: The Curious Wonderland Sunny Days Beach Junk Journal Kit
Ink: Arteza alcohol markers- BG11/23, BR52/84, YG02
Dies/Punches: Waffle Flower Wide Alpha die set
Accessories: Bearly Art precision craft glue, brayer, Big Shot, Ranger Distress Collage Medium, Eyelet Outlet Seashore Brads and 5mm brown pearl strip
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’re inspired to get those craft supplies out to play! Be sure to check out all the amazing acrylic, wood and chipboard goodies at Clear Scraps… OMGoodness, you won’t be disappointed! And head on over to the Clear Scraps Facebook Page for lots of inspiration! And while you’re at it, join the Clear Scraps Facebook Creative Group to connect with other Clear Scraps fans! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!