Hey everybody! I’m back with my second post this morning sharing a pretty Christmas card I created in non-traditional colors using the Slimline Woodgrain Background stamp from Prickley Pear Stamps, which is part of the new release featuring a super cute library stamp set, several very cool chicken stamp sets, and a chicken wire background stamp. I wanted to create something that’s not library- or chicken-related to show how versatile this woodgrain background is!
I cut a standard A2 size side-folding landscape card base from 110# Solar White cardstock along with a layering panel from 80# Solar White cardstock and a layering panel and 1-1/4″-ish strip from CutCardStock Bright Silver Foil cardstock. I started by stamping the Slimline Woodgrain Background stamp in Catherine Pooler Tranquil ink on the lighter weight Solar White panel which I layered on the Silver Foil cardstock panel and then adhered the Silver Foil strip across the bottom. I added a poinsettia element from the Spellbinders Sparkling Holidays Sticker Pack along with several Darice iridescent gemstones which completed the front.
And one more look… I always love a Christmas card in non-traditional colors and this one with the woodgrain background turned out so pretty!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #05-2022 – Anything Goes
2. A Place To Start: #052022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Lilies and Lace (flowers but no lace)
3. Addicted To Stamps and More: #429 – Any Occasion
4. Classic Design Challenge: #5 May Anything Goes
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #123 – Anything Goes Always
6. Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: May Anything Goes
7. Inkspirational: Designers Choice – Free (Use Something Free or Gifted) — gifted for design team use
8. Paperbabe Stamps: #167 – Anything Goes
9. Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #521 – Anything Goes with Paper
10. Sparkles Christmas Challenges: #136 – Christmas Sentiments
Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you – I really appreciate your support!
Prickley Pear Stamps products used:
Woodgrain Slimline Background stamp
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 110# and 80# Solar White cardstock, CutCardStock Bright Silver Foil cardstock
Ink: Catherine Pooler Tranquil ink
Accessories: We R Memory Keepers Large Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Tape Runner, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool, Spellbinders Sparkling Holidays Sticker Pack, Darice Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Circles, Darice iridescent gemstones
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to check out all the awesome stamps and dies at Prickley Pear Stamps! If you’d like to save 10% on anything on the site when you shop at Prickley Pear Stamps, use the coupon code LESLIE10 at checkout! And be sure to ‘like’ and ‘follow’ the Prickley Pear Stamps Facebook page to keep up with news and sales, and join Prickley Pear Pals (the fan group) for lots of fun crafty ideas and to share your creativity! And finally, we’d love to see you visit the Prickley Pear Stamps blog that’s in the process of being revived and become a Follower! Hope to see you there! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time! ;)