7/17/22 Rising Star at A Place To Start!
Hi friends! I hope you’re having a great weekend and it’s not too hot where you are! I think it’s pretty hot everywhere, lol! Our A/C is working overtime for sure! I haven’t been in my studio too much since our little feline girl Puff-Puff was injured. She was in the hospital for eight days and since coming home a week ago, she’s doing pretty well and I’m feeling more like crafting. I pulled out my Spellbinders Damask Daydream Kit of the Month from July 2021 and whipped up a pretty inspirational tag today while watching a suspense thriller on Lifetime. Yeah, the hubs laughs at me for watching the LMN channel, lol!
I used quite a few items from the kit – cardstock and patterned papers, a floral corner die, a number of die cut shapes, gemstones and foam squares. I started by adhering coordinating patterned papers to a Ranger distress tag and built it up from there, layering a die cut floral corner and a bunch of die cut shapes. I popped some of the die cut shapes up on foam squares for dimension, and added several gemstones. Gotta have some bling!
I created a hole reinforcement for the top using Stampin’ Up 1/2″ and 1/4″ circle punches and light purple cardstock. I threaded some pretty purple twill ribbon through the hole and tied it with some gold metallic string (both from Really Reasonable Ribbon).
And one more peek… I really love how this turned out! The most fun was picking out all the items I wanted to use and then watching it come together! And I love a green and purple color combo… one of my favorites!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: #202207 – Anything Goes w/ optional Black & White (no twist)
2. A Perfect Time To Craft: #7-2022 – Anything Goes
3. A Place To Start: #072022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Balloons and Flowers (no twist)
4. Classic Design Challenge: July #7 – Anything Goes
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #125 – Anything Goes Always
6. Crafty Calendar Challenges: July Challenge – Add A Ribbon
7. Crafty Catz: #604 – Anything Goes w/ optional Christmas in July (no twist)
8. Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: July Anything Goes
9. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: July Anything Goes
10. Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #525 – Anything Goes with Paper
11. Through The Craft Room Door: July 5th Anything Goes
Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you – I really appreciate your support!
Cardstock/Paper: Ranger distress tag
Dies/Punches: Stampin’ Up 1/2″ and 1/4″ circle punches
Accessories: Spellbinders Damask Daydream July 2021 Kit of the Month, We R Memory Keepers Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Big Shot, Really Reasonable Ribbon purple twill ribbon and gold metallic string
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing this tag! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time! ;)