Hey everybody! Happy Tuesday! I hope my American friends had a great July 4th long weekend! I’m stoked to be on the Printable Cuttable Creatables blog today with my debut DT inspiration project! I’m all about Americana and anything red, white and blue, and I grew up seeing live mermaid shows at the Weeki Wachee Springs Attraction (in central FL), so my project is a combination of the two. I created a fun wall hanging featuring the Mermaid in the USA and Mermaid Tail SVG files and red plaid digital paper from the Christmas Patterns Digital Paper Mega Bundle. Yep, you read that right… Christmas paper isn’t just for Christmas! ;)
I cut all the pieces in the Mermaid in the USA SVG file in red, white, blue and gold glitter cardstock. I printed the red plaid digital paper from the Christmas Patterns Digital Paper Mega Bundle on Basis 80# White cardstock. This versatile paper pack can be used for non-holiday projects, too! I trimmed the digital paper and adhered it to a sturdy 8×8 panel that I created from two pieces of 165# Solar White cardstock glued together. I adhered all the pieces from the SVG file, and ended up adding a layered wave from the Mermaid Tail SVG file at the bottom which I had not originally planned. I punched two holes at the top with my WRMK Crop-A-Dile Big Bite and added a ribbon hanger made from Really Reasonable Ribbon Flag grosgrain ribbon with knots tied on the ends.
And one more peek… so loving how this turned out! I love fun versatile digital papers and thinking outside the box! And aren’t these SVG files so fun?!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: #202207 – Anything Goes w/ optional Black & White (no twist)
2. A Perfect Time To Craft: #7-2022 – Anything Goes
3. A Place To Start: #072022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Balloons and Flowers (no twist)
4. Classic Design Challenge: July #7 – Anything Goes
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #125 – Anything Goes Always
6. Crafty Catz: #602 – Anything Goes w/ optional Say It With Flowers
7. Creative Moments: #235 – Red, White & Blue
8. Cupcake Inspirations: #547 – Oh My Stars
9. International Art & Soul: #137 – Red, White & Blue
10. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: July Anything Goes
11. Let’s Craft and Create: #185 – Anything Goes + optional Fun in the Sun
12. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #185 – Anything Goes
13. QKR Stampede: #447 – Anything Goes
14. Try It On Tuesday: Here Comes Summer (4th of July and Beach/Ocean :)
15. Your Scrapbook Place: July Anything Goes
Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you – I really appreciate your support!
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 165# Solar White cardstock, CutCardStock Basis 80# White, Basis Blue, and Basis Dark Red cardstock, CutCardStock Gold Glitter cardstock
Accessories: Brother Scan N Cut, Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, Really Reasonable Ribbon Flag Grosgrain Ribbon
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’re inspired to get out that electronic cutting machine! Be sure to check out all the fun goodies in the Printable Cuttable Creatables store – you’ll have a blast and there are tons of freebies to get started! Be sure to Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube for lots of crafty inspiration! And while you’re at it, join our Crafting with Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook Group for more inspiration and to share your projects! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!