5/31/22 Design Team Favorite at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog!
Hi friends! Happy Hump Day! I hope you’re having a great week! I have a fun birthday card to share with you today that I created with the new Prickley Pear Stamps Hippie Chickens stamp set! I also used the Blobby Flowers 2 stamp set for the flowers on the inside panels. You know how I love my fun folds, and this Inside Double Flap card was just the ticket! I am in love with this stamp set – I’m a child of the late 50s, 60s and early 70s, so this was an instant hit!
I cut a standard A2 size card base from CutCardStock Basis Teal with extra score lines to create an M (or W depending on how you look at it). I attached a panel cut from Hot Off The Press Flowing Ink 6×6 double-sided cardstock and then adhered paper-pieced grass, the hippie van and chickens, all from the Hippie Chickens stamp set and all colored with alcohol markers. I added the sentiment, some flower confetti and a few Dot Sparklers which completed the card front.
I adhered flaps cut from the Basis Teal cardstock along with several panels cut from the Flowing Ink cardstock, stamped flowers from the Blobby Flowers 2 stamp set on the narrower outermost panels, and added gemstones to the center of each flower. The final step was adhering sentiments along with fussy-cut chickens, flowers and spiral elements from the Hippie Chickens stamp set, as well as a few more Dot Sparklers, to the flaps.
And one more look… totally loving how this turned out! Such a fun, fun stamp set with so many possibilities!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: #05-2022 – Anything Goes
2. A Place To Start: #052022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Lilies and Lace (no twist)
3. Addicted To Stamps and More: #429 – Any Occasion
4. Ally’s Angels: #58 – Anything Goes
5. Classic Design Challenge: #5 May Anything Goes
6. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #123 – Anything Goes Always
7. Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: #99 – Anything Goes
8. Crafty Calendar Challenge: May Anything Goes
9. Crafty Catz: #594 – Anything Goes w/ optional Hand Colored Image (no twist)
10. Creative Creases: #31 – Anything Goes with a Fun Fold
11. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: May Anything Goes
12. Just Us Girls: Word Week #631 – Flowers (I hope the flowers on the hippie van, the flower confetti, and the stamped flowers inside all qualify! ;)
13. Moving Along With The Times: #142 – Birthday
14. Paperbabe Stamps: #167 – Anything Goes
15. Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog: #68 – Birthday
Affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you – I really appreciate your support!
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: CutCardStock Basis Teal cardstock, CutCardStock Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White cardstock, Hot Off The Press Flowing Ink 6×6 Double-Sided cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Arteza alcohol markers- P25, R05/21, RP07, Y02, YR32, PB06, YG05, NG04/06/08, B22, BG00/05/7; Copic 0.3 Black Multi-Liner pen, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Accessories: We R Memory Keepers Large Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool; Stampendous Violet, Turquoise, Blue, Red, Pink and Green Dot Sparklers; Clear Scraps flower confetti
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to check out all the awesome stamps and dies at Prickley Pear Stamps! If you’d like to save 10% on anything on the site when you shop at Prickley Pear Stamps, use the coupon code LESLIE10 at checkout! And be sure to ‘like’ and ‘follow’ the Prickley Pear Stamps Facebook page to keep up with news and sales, and join Prickley Pear Pals (the fan group) for lots of fun crafty ideas and to share your creativity! And finally, we’d love to see you visit the Prickley Pear Stamps blog that’s in the process of being revived and become a Follower! Hope to see you there! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time! ;)