Hey, everybody! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! Dang. I can’t believe July is half over already! I’m thrilled to be back on the Clear Scraps blog today with another awesome DT inspiration project! I am really loving gnomes these days and there are so many different ones out there… short, tall, stamped, die cut, male, female, and the list goes on! This dude, created with the XL Wood Gnome 2, is a giant, standing over 20″ tall! He comes with a stand but I fashioned him to hang on a front door to hold different seasonal add-on elements all year long! You’ll get a peek of only one of those add-ons in this post but you’ll see all 12 of them in my final Clear Scraps post in just a few days! So stay tuned… saving the best for last!
I painted Gnomie’s hat with red acrylic paint. I painted his robe with light green acrylic paint and then swiped on bright aqua green acrylic paint over that to tone down the light green a bit. I painted his beard with white ash paint. Then finally, I colored his nose and hands with a flesh tone alcohol marker.
I adhered a small disc magnet toward the bottom of his beard in the area where he’ll ‘hold’ each of the seasonal add-ons which also have a small disc magnet on the back of each one.
I adhered a tiny magnet to the back of each of his hands.
Each seasonal add-on has two tiny magnets on the front in the areas where his hands will ‘hold’ each one. Stay tuned for my post showcasing all the add-ons in just a few days!
Sharing in the following challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: #202207 – Anything Goes w/ optional Black & White (no twist)
2. A Perfect Time To Craft: #7-2022 – Anything Goes
3. A Place To Start: #072022 – Anything Goes w/ optional Balloons and Flowers (no twist)
4. Classic Design Challenge: July #7 – Anything Goes
5. Crafting Happiness Challenges: #125 – Anything Goes Always
6. Crafty Catz: #604 – Anything Goes w/ optional Christmas in July (no twist)
7. Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: July Anything Goes
8. Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge: July Anything Goes
9. Through The Craft Room Door: July 5th Anything Goes
Clear Scraps products used:
XL Wood Gnome 2
Other products used:
Ink/Paint: Liquitex Basis Bright Aqua Green, Light Green Permanent and Naphthol Crimson acrylic paint; Farmhouse White Ash paint; Arteza BR28 alcohol marker
Accessories: Ranger Distress Collage Medium, small and tiny disc magnets
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and you’re inspired to get those craft supplies out to play! Be sure to check out all the amazing acrylic, wood and chipboard goodies at Clear Scraps… OMGoodness, you won’t be disappointed! And head on over to the Clear Scraps Facebook Page for lots of inspiration! And while you’re at it, join the Clear Scraps Facebook Creative Group to connect with other Clear Scraps fans! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!