1/1/21 Top 3 Winner at Craft-Dee Bowz!
1/2/21 Winner at A Bit More Time To Craft Extra Challenge!
1/5/21 Top 3 at Creative Inspirations!
Hi everyone! I hope you’re having a fabulous weekend! It has taken me a couple days to create but check out this pretty Winter Cardinal Diorama that I’m entering into The Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge! Our sponsor this month is Fred She Said and the themes to choose from in this new challenge are New Year, Christmas, Thinking of You and Anything Goes. I chose the Christmas theme – and I know I’m a little too late for this Christmas but I’m one home decor project ahead for next Christmas, lol!
I love creating 3-D projects, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one! I’ve created quite a few diorama cards over the years and when I saw this Stampendous WindowRama 3-D Chipboard Kit, I just had to have it! There are enough front, back and side pieces (including the large snowflakes) in the kit to make five stand-alone projects. I have lots of goodies in my Christmas craft stash to create scenes for the inside, so I’m sure you’ll be seeing a few more of these! Handmade seasonal home decor always makes great gifts that will be treasured for years to come! ;)
I assembled the box and painted it with white gesso, along with the snowflake. When they were dry, I sprayed Tattered Angels It’s Blue Glimmer Mist in short spurts, added blue glitter and then white glitter, and then applied Krylon fixative so the glitter wouldn’t fall off. I then sprayed Tattered Angels Tarnished Silver Glimmer Mist in a few spots. I arranged the pine bough, pine cone and winter berry with a couple pearl sprays and adhered them to the inside of the box with the hot glue gun. I added some of Tim’s Distress Grit-Paste on the elements to resemble snow. I stamped the Prickley Pear Stamps cardinal on red cardstock, cut it with the coordinating die and layered five more cardinal die cuts beneath it for strength and dimension, then adhered it to the front of the pine bough. I tied a bow from Christmas plaid ribbon and adhered it to the bottom right corner. I added iridescent gemstones to the snowflake and adhered it to the upper left corner. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of scrap Solar White cardstock, trimmed it, rolled one end and flagged the other end, then adhered it across the snowflake. I used one of the snowflake stamps in the Prickley Pear Stamps set and randomly stamped snowflakes on the front in Cotton White StazOn ink. The finishing touch was the addition of two more iridescent gemstones in the top right and lower left corners.
And one more look… I’m totally smitten! I LOVE how this turned out!
Sharing in these additional challenges:
1. A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge: #130 – Anything Goes
2. A Bit More Time To Craft Extra Challenge: December Anything Goes
3. ABC Christmas Challenge: Y is for Your Favorite Things and Z is for Zzzzzzz (sleeping image) – more favorite things are die cuts, paints and glitter
4. Christmas Craft Creations: December Challenge – Winter Blues
5. Classic Design Challenge: #12 – Anything Goes
6. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #581 – Christmas – Last Stretch
7. Craft-Dee BowZ: December Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
8. Creative Inspirations: December Challenge – Ho! Ho! Ho!
9. Di’s Digi Challenges: It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
10. International Art & Soul: #98 – Anything Goes With a Bow
11. Make My Monday Challenge Blog: #138 – Create Your Own Background – in an Inky Way
12. Scrapping4fun Challenges: #182 – Christmas or Winter
13. Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Blog: Last Minute Christmas
14. Through The Purple Haze: #174 – Holiday / Make It Blue
15. Time Out Challenges: #177 – Inspiration Photo (snowflakes)
16. Word Art Wednesday: Weeks #470-473 – Blog Hop/Anything Goes
Cardstock/Paper: DCWV Reds cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock scrap
Stamps: Prickley Pear Stamps Cardinals clear stamp set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Cotton White StazOn ink; Tattered Angels It’s Blue and Tarnished Silver Glimmer Mist
Dies/Punches: Prickley Pear Stamps Cardinal die, EK Success 3/4″ square punch (to flag sentiment)
Accessories: Stampendous WindowRama Snowflake 3-D Chipboard Kit, Liquitex white gesso, Making Memories Aqua Scrapbook Shimmer, Stampin’ Up Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Krylon fixative, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior; pine bough, pine cone and winter berry from Christmas craft stash; Wild Orchid Crafts pearl sprays, Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium and Distress Grit-Paste; Really Reasonable Ribbon Christmas Plaid ribbon, hot glue gun, Darice iridescent gemstones
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and will come join us in The Outlawz Challenges! Lots of fun going on! Thanks so much for stopping by – we’ll see you next time!